For most who are new to homeschooling there are some serious, “where do I start” jitters. We try to make things as simple as possible to relieve some of that stress. We created this page to help you know what to expect and give you a visual to work from. At any time, feel free to email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Before you register with our school:
- The Farm School is recognized by the Tennessee Department of Education as a Category IV Exempted School (a.k.a. Church-related school) – download the approval document. Our program operates under what is commonly referred to as the Jeter Memo (see the section under “Additional Educational Option”). When you enroll in The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program your home will be designated as a satellite (classroom or extension) of The Farm School. At least one parent/guardian will be appointed as a faculty member of The Farm School under the supervision of our administration. Your children will technically not be homeschoolers (as defined by Tennessee law) – they will be students of The Farm School, a non-public church-related school. As under Tennessee law we can choose whether or not to require testing and have chosen to NOT require any kind of testing at either the Main or Satellite Campuses.
- Yes, we enroll families all year long. Our school year starts July 1 and ends June 30 of the next year.
- 2017-2018 Early Registration (discounted rates) is scheduled to open online May 15, 2017.
- Have you had any truancy issues? Make sure you email [email protected] before going forward. Not a disqualifier necessarily but just nice to have a heads up.
- We don’t provide curriculum for you to use at this moment. We believe that the adults best able to negotiate curriculum with children are the adults spending time with those children on a daily basis. Therefore, we delegate curriculum research, planning and implementation to the parents/guardians.
- All forms are submitted online and ALL forms are required before you are fully registered. There are no forms to download. New and returning families use the same forms.
What is the registration process for the 2016/2017 School Year?
- You will click on the link to register, you will then complete that form and at the end choose a payment option. I recommend the PayPal option because then your immediately covered under our umbrella that day. Click here to view fees.
- When you complete the payment or choose money order and submit for form you will receive an email immediately. If you haven’t received it, check your spam folder. If you chose money order your email will simply tell you where to send the money order and a link to do the Student Enrollment Form. Once your money order is received I will send you the Welcome email that contains the other information below.
- If you paid online, your email will also give you a link to the Student Enrollment Form. This form is key to finishing enrollment. If this is not done then we have no record of your child in our school. This form also provides us with any previous school information we need to request records. Yes, we request the records and confirm their enrollment. 🙂
- If you paid online, your email will provide you with a link that tells you how to register for your HSRO (Homeschool Reporting) login. It will also give you the link to creating your school ID card. These can be useful for discounts at a variety of places.
- Finally, you enter in attendance and what classes are currently in progress into HSRO. We recommend entering attendance monthly and grades at the end of each semester/quarter, whichever you chose to do. TN law mandates a minimum requirement of 180 days of attendance (of at least fours hours of learning per day). Any days completed prior to your enrollment from July 1 forward goes towards the 180 days.
If you have completed the Family Registration form, paid and completed the Student Enrollment form, you are ready to start your new learning from home journey.
Peace, Love & Light,
Your Satellite Office Admins