Enrolled families use Homeschool Reporting Online (HSRO) to track attendance, submit progress/grade reports (K-8 & 9-12), and to request proof of attendance & progress letters for the Dept of Safety (to obtain Driver’s Learner Permit or Intermediate License), as well as to request transcripts and diplomas.
Grades and Attendance Reporting On HSRO
July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 Grades/progress and attendance reports are due on or by June 30, 2017
We recommend submission of grades and attendance twice a year (S1 by Dec 30 and S2 on or before June 30).
You must submit grades/progress attendance at least once on or before June 30, 2017 that encompass grades/progress and attendance under our program.
Be sure to click the SAVE button as your add data. ALWAYS print out and / or save your data to your computer.
Driver’s Learner Permit or Intermediate License
Requires proof of attendance, for which we supply a letter on school letterhead.
If a student under the age of 18 requests a DMV letter from us during the school year and does not…
- submit semester reports in a timely manner
- obtain GED or graduate
- transfer to another school OR
- re-enroll with us for the the next school year on or by Aug 1
…then we are required to report the student to the DMV.
To obtain a proof of attendance and progress letter for the DMV to obtain a learner permit/ driver’s license using HSRO Request Manager:
- The student must have been registered with us for at least 30 days and have accrued at least 30 days of attendance – that means if you request a DMV letter on or after July 1, 2015, you must be enrolled for our 2015/2016 school year.
- Please ensure that course work (grades to date) and attendance have been updated online. Prior semester course grades and credits must be updated, and current semester work should be listed as IP (in progress).
- Log in to your Homeschool Reporting Online account. In the upper-right box titled “Family Navigation,” select Request Manager.
- In the request comments box include the following information
- Student’s FULL LEGAL name
- Date of birth
- FULL Address (including COUNTY – not country)
- Parent/legal guardian name
- Progress information:
- New: The date you submitted the request.
- On Hold: School is missing information and cannot complete. Please contact the school office.
- Closed: The date your request was completed
- Please allow 1 full work week for these forms to be processed & postal mailed. We do not accept rush requests for this letter.
Please note that we do NOT use The Common Application to submit transcripts.
Requirements for requesting a high school transcript using HSRO Request Manager:
- In the comments area of the form include:
- FULL name of student
- Provide college names and addresses to which the transcript should be postal mailed. The transcript will include the most recent ACT/SAT score IF you have entered that data online at HSRO.
- Allow 2 weeks processing time from date of final approval of draft transcript by the parent. No rush processing.
- Please ensure that you have all high school credits and grades updated at HSRO.
For students who plan to attend college as the next step in life, we recommend using the graduation requirements used by the public schools as a guide. There are several options for recording credits for high school students.
Requirements for requesting a Diploma using HSRO Request Manager:
- Please ensure that all of your information has been updated at HSRO, including all high school grades and credits earned under our program. Do not add credits earned elsewhere unless directed to do so).
- In the comments area include:
- FULL name of student (as you want it printed on the the diploma)
- Graduation Date : Month Day Year
- If not picking up at the Farm School Solar Campus on The Farm in Summertown, please include the student’s current postal address.