~If you are proud to be a member of an inclusive community and believe that diversity is a source of strength and beauty, welcome home.
For most who are new to homeschooling there are some serious, “where do I start” jitters. We try to make things as simple as possible to relieve some of that stress. We created this page to help you know what to expect and give you a visual to work from. At any time, feel free to email [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Before you register with our school:
- The Farm School is recognized by the Tennessee Department of Education as a Category IV Exempted School (a.k.a. Church-related school) – download the approval document. Our program operates under what is commonly referred to as the Jeter Memo (see the section under “Additional Educational Option”). When you enroll in The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program your home will be designated as a satellite (classroom or extension) of The Farm School. At least one parent/guardian will be appointed as a faculty member of The Farm School under the supervision of our administration. Your children will technically not be homeschoolers (as defined by Tennessee law) – they will be students of The Farm School, a non-public church-related school. As under Tennessee law we can choose whether or not to require testing and have chosen to NOT require any kind of testing at either the Main or Satellite Campuses.
- Yes, we enroll families all year long. Our school year starts July 1 and ends June 30 of the next year.
- Please read this linked page ( Policies ) before beginning the enrollment registration process with us.
- Have you had any truancy issues? Make sure you email [email protected] before going forward. Not a disqualifier necessarily but just nice to have a heads up.
- We don’t provide curriculum for you to use at this moment. We believe that the adults best able to negotiate curriculum with children are the adults spending time with those children on a daily basis. Therefore, we delegate curriculum research, planning and implementation to the parents/guardians.
- All forms are submitted online and ALL forms are required before you are fully registered. There are no forms to download. New and returning families use the same forms.
What is the registration process for the 2019/2020 School Year?
- You will click on the link below to register, you will then complete all the steps to register and at the end choose a payment option. I recommend the PayPal option because then your immediately covered under our umbrella that day unless it is during early enrollment. School year runs from July 1 – June 30. Click here to view fees.
- When you complete the payment or choose money order and submit the form you will receive an email immediately. If you haven’t received it, check your spam folder.
- If you are transferring from another school, we will use the information you provide during registration to send out the enrollment confirmation/record request to the previous school.
- Starting July 1, 2019, please login to the Parent Dashboard to view your enrollment confirmation, links to how to enter attendance and grades and how to create a Faculty/Student ID card.
- Finally, once the school starts, you enter in attendance and what classes are currently in progress into the Parent Dashboard. We recommend entering attendance monthly and grades at the end of each semester/quarter, whichever you chose to do. TN law mandates a minimum requirement of 180 days of attendance (of at least fours hours of learning per day). For students transferring from public or private school during the school year, days logged at prior school transfer with them and count toward the yearly 180 day requirement, but are not to be entered in the Parent Dashboard.
Ready to register? Click here.
Peace, Love & Light,