The Farm School Satellite Program Registration & Enrollment Policies
If you have any questions about the registration and enrollment policies detailed here please contact The Farm School Satellite Program Office at [email protected].
If either of the following applies to you or your children please contact Satellite Campuses Program Office with details.
1) At least one parent/guardian does NOT have a high school diploma or GED or equivalent
2) Prior truancy, suspension, expulsion, and misdemeanor issues are not necessarily grounds that would prohibit enrollment, however, such issues must be disclosed prior to submitting registration form/enrollment applications to explore options.
Failure to fully disclose these issues prior to enrollment may result in removal from the program.
In the registration process you will be asked to affirm the following policies:
- I understand that curriculum research, planning, and implementation are the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility.
- I understand that The Farm School does not claim that enrollment in this program meets the compulsory attendance and/or homeschool requirements for states other than Tennessee or for other countries. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to satisfy the requirements of the state in which the student resides if they do not reside in Tennessee.
- I understand that I should not enroll my child into Kindergarten unless they are 5 years of age by August 15 of the school year you are registering for. Please read our Kindergarten Guidelines and if you have any further questions feel free to email us.
- I have read TCA 49-50-801 (church-related schools) and the Jeter Memo.
- I understand that I am not enrolling my child in a homeschool program. My child will be enrolled as a student in a non-public church-related school, my home will be designated as a satellite campus of The Farm School, and that at least one parent/guardian will be appointed as a faculty member under the supervision of The Farm School’s administration.
- I have read the Immunization information. I understand that for each new student I am enrolling a proof of immunization or a signed, written statement that such immunization and other preventive measures conflict with my tenets and practices affirmed under the penalties of perjury should be submitted with the student’s enrollment application, or updated online upon enrollment approval if it is not included in the records transferred from prior school.
- I understand that a transcript (parent generated is acceptable) should be submitted with the student’s enrollment application for high school students (grades 9-12) who have not attended a public or private school prior to enrolling with The Farm School.
- I understand that parents/guardians and their high school students are responsible for scheduling ACT, SAT/PSAT tests (our test code is 432212), ensuring that the student earns the credits required for admission to his/her colleges of choice, and researching eligibility requirements for Tennessee lottery and other scholarships. High school enrollment fees are required to receive high school credit.
- I understand The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program will comply with the requirement of TCA 49-6-3007 and that the names, ages, and addresses of all pupils in attendance will be reported to the superintendent of the public school system in which the school is located.
- I understand that at least one parent/guardian should have a high school diploma or GED or equivalent. The act of submitting family registration and enrollment application is an affirmation that one parent has a high school diploma or GED or equivalent. Failure to disclose via email lack thereof prior to enrollment will result in removal from the program. Please contact The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program at [email protected]. You must email us prior to beginning the enrollment process and receive approval from us before you proceed with enrollment if you did not earn a high school diploma or pass the GED.
- I understand that prior truancy, suspension, expulsion, and misdemeanor issues are not necessarily grounds that would prohibit enrollment, however, such issues must be disclosed prior to submitting registration form/enrollment applications to explore options. Failure to fully disclose these issues prior to enrollment may result in removal from the program. Please contact The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program at [email protected]. You must email us prior to beginning the enrollment process and receive approval from us before you proceed with enrollment if this student has had truancy, suspension, expulsion, and misdemeanor issues.
- I understand that the registration and enrollment fees cover basic administrative processing & services, including online attendance & reporting. Additional fees may apply for services such as curriculum consultation, portfolio planning/review, and creation of transcript for credits prior to enrollment and transcript review.
- I understand that final attendance and grade/progress reports are due on or before June 30 each school year (or on/by withdrawal or graduation date) and requests for transcripts, proof of attendance & progress letters for the Dept of Safety (to obtain Driver’s Learner Permit or Intermediate License), and diplomas are to be submitted online by the primary or secondary learning facilitator. The school year begins each year on or after July 1 and ends before or on June 30. One hundred eighty days of attendance per school year are required under Tennessee’s compulsory attendance law for minors 6-17 years old (inclusive).
- I have read the Driver’s License Information. I understand the program’s policy regarding requirements for proof of attendance & progress letters for the Dept. of Safety (in order to obtain Driver’s Learner Permit or Intermediate License).
- I understand that I am required to show exam results and transcripts for AP, CLEP, and Dual Enrollment courses.
- I understand that the family enrollment form and student registration applications will not be processed until both the family registration fee and student enrollment fees are received and have cleared. The enrollment date will be the date fees are received. Registration & enrollment fees are not pro-rated or refundable.
- I understand that students transferring from Tennessee Category IV schools (The Farm School is a Cat IV school) to a public school may be required to take placement tests to determine the student’s grade placement and confirm high school credits. See TCA 49-50-801 (Church-related schools) and the Jeter Memo.
- I affirm that I have legal custody and educational rights for the student(s) for whom I am submitting enrollment application(s).
You will be prompted to subscribe to our newsletter and Facebook group.
TFS-SCP Newsletter – Sendinblue
TFS-SCP – Facebook (optional)
Homeschooling Umbrella Fees
Annual Family Registration: $30.00
Annual Student Enrollment for Grades k-8: $57.50
Annual Student Enrollment for Grades 9-12: $115.00
20% discount for siblings (does not include oldest child) k-8: $44.00/ 9-12: $88.00
Senior Fee: $50.00
8th grade earning 2 high school credits: $75.00
Additional fees & services that MAY apply to you:
High School transcripts beyond 3 per student per year; fee is $10/each additional copy
Proof of attendance and progress letters beyond 2 in one school year per student; fee is $10/each additional copy.