The Farm School
Located in Summertown, Tennessee, The Farm School has been serving The Farm Community and selected students from outside the community since 1971. Established as a one-room school, we are now a Pre-K-12 educational resource center housed in a beautiful passive solar building serving day students from The Farm community and the surrounding area and over 3500 home-based learners through The Farm School Satellite Campuses Program.
Vision: Connect. Respect. Inspired learning community.
At The Farm School our mission is to provide education, inspiration, and nurturing to students for them to develop the courage, skills, and self-confidence needed to create the life of their dreams and add to the good in the world.
, The Farm School strives to:
- Nurture a lifelong love for learning and a deep sense of hope for the future.
- Kindle the spirit of creativity and imagination in all aspects of learning and living.
- Inspire in each child the courage to express their unique qualities, to use their voice, and trust that they are valued, heard, and acknowledged.
- Cultivate empathy and respect in order to maintain a peaceful learning environment where each child feels safe to connect with themselves, other people, and the environment with integrity and authenticity.
- Recognize that mental and emotional well-being must precede academic expectations and tasks.
- Empower children to develop the necessary communication skills needed to problem-solve, collaborate, and generate creative solutions to obstacles in life and learning.
- Embolden students to be competent researchers who use critical-thinking skills when approaching personal, local, or global challenges.